sábado, 6 de setembro de 2008

The winner takes it all (ou um dia numa musica)



I dont wanna talk

About the things we've gone through

Though it's hurting me

Now its history

I've played all my cards

And thats what you've done too

Nothing more to say

No more ace to play


The winner takes it all

The loser standing small

Beside the victory

That's her destiny

I was in your arms

Thinking I belonged there

I figured it made sense

Building me a fence

Building me a home

Thinking Id be strong there

But I was a fool

Playing by the rules


The gods may throw a dice

Their minds as cold as ice

And someone way down here

Loses someone dear

The winner takes it all

The loser has to fall

It's simple and it's plain

Why should I complain.


But tell me does she kiss

Like I used to kiss you?

Does it feel the same

When she calls your name?

Somewhere deep inside

You must know I miss you

But what can I say

Rules must be obeyed


The judges will decide

The likes of me abide

Spectators of the show

Always staying low

The game is on again

A lover or a friend

A big thing or a small

The winner takes it all


I don't wanna talk

If it makes you feel sad

And I understand

You've come to shake my hand

I apologize

If it makes you feel bad

Seeing me so tense

No self-confidence

But you see


The winner takes it all


The winner takes it all...

Sem comentários: